- Reduce the use of your personal car. Think to share a car or using public transport such as buses, trains.
- Plan your travel route before you go, as much as possible to avoid congested roads. Keep track of the number of social media proclaim traffic conditions these routes that you will pass.
- If you do not perform regular trips such as going to work or school, then choose a non-peak hours to avoid traffic jams or idle (engine running but the car does not move) long which resulted in wastage of fuel.
- Drive with the tender. Avoid acceleration and braking is not necessary because it requires more fuel than a car race with a consistent, therefore keep a good distance to the vehicle in front of you.
- Reduce speed on the freeway, and use cruise control. Some states test if the car drove 90 km / h could save about 20% compared to 110 km / h.
- More fuel-efficient cars with a higher transmission gear, so when you increase the speed of the car, select a gear with low engine RPM. By doing so you burn less fuel, while reducing emissions. Some cars equipped with 'Gear Shift indicator' then obey when the indicator is on the switch to a higher gear.
- Check the tire pressure of your car. If the pressure is less then it will make fuel wasteful. See the recommendations of the manufacturer. Use eco tire.
- The use of air conditioning increases fuel consumption at low speeds, but at higher speeds consumption is reduced. Make sure the condition of your car air conditioner in good condition. Check or AC service regularly.
- Reduce the use of electricity as the lights turn off the exterior / interior or audio system when not needed.
- Reduce the load and do not bring any obstacles such as excessive luggage, do not open the windows when the car was traveling at high speed, do not carry luggage on the roof.
- Check and take care of the engine regularly, and make sure you use the appropriate lubricant manufacturer's recommendations.
- Switch off the engine (if you do not mind) when you are on the traffic density or long queues of traffic light. This step is very strange because it makes the passengers uncomfortable because the AC was dead but actually can save fuel. Fortunately for those who have a car with idle start / stop.
Tips to save on fuel consumption
March 15, 2015